We recommend doing it with style and flair. Get the edge on your classmates and dance comfortably and beautifully at your Matric Farewell – it makes for awesome memories!
The Phoenix Dance Company would like to present you with this exceptional opportunity to bring Ballroom and Latin American Dancing to your school by offering weekly classes to students of all ages. We have developed dancing programs for Primary schools, High schools and Colleges. Not only do we teach classes as an extramural activity, but we also teach dance as part of the school curriculum, should you request it.
The SADF syllabus will strive to build a solid dance foundation, based on the classic dances of Ballroom and Latin American. The dances that we teach include:
Rumba, Cha Cha, Samba, Waltz, Mambo, Foxtrot, Tango, Swing & Jive, as well as Line dances, Sokkie and Two Step.
Dancing helps children to develop core strength and coordination, as well as improve social confidence, and has been shown to enhance cognitive development and be very therapeutic.
Benefits to Children
- Gain self-esteem & confidence
- Learn teamwork and social skills
- Enhance discipline and focus
- Improve coordination and posture
- Improves memory and cognitive performance
- Nourish the drive to achieve
- Promote agility and acquire body control
- Encourage imagination and creativity
- Build flexibility through movement
- Cognitive Development
For more benefits Click here
“Dancing to music is one of the most powerful ways to release endorphins.” – Patrick Holford